Who gets body shamed for trying to be discrete about breastfeeding?

Home Forum African Culture Who gets body shamed for trying to be discrete about breastfeeding?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Abiodun Ogunnika Abey 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Well it happened with my first child crying for breast milk in a very public place. I wasn’t so comfortable so I got a lil scarf to cover me up a bit with he suckled. Then boom! An elderly woman swiftly pulled off the scarf and she was yelling at me saying I should not suffocate the child. Never felt so embarrassed my entire life. Who is with me?

😳 happened to me too!

Happy O
      HEO

Vijesi am just imagining your face and the anger inside you that moment.Β  You will be like… This woman, did they sent you after me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ sorry for the embarrassment, it fades up with time

i love breastfeeding anywhere any time but hubby will keep shouting

Oh well,I can breastfeed anywhere,anyday,anytime

Happy O
        HEO

Heheheheheeee, Ujabae, I don’t blame your hubby,Β  you are publicizing what he has paid for 😁😁

I do, I had to get a breastfeeding cover because of that

Happy O
    HEO

Hmmmmmm it’s normal especially for first moms. I was doing a part time program when I gave birth to my first child. My first experience was in the school, my boy would not accept any form of petting and I was so ashamed of exposing my breast to breast feed him.Β  Awww, I moved from corner to corner searching for a hidden place when no one can see us just to breast my baby πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ it wasn’t funny though but it’s all joy

have been thereΒ  over and over so i give deaf ear to them till i get to a convinient place

I can breastfeed anywhere and anyhow as long as hubby is not there , he’ll keep shouting I’m exposing his boob’s outside, whenever we are out together the baby will have to wait till e get back into the car

<!–more–>I haven’t given birth yet but I can’t wait to experience all this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to Log in