Your Post_Baby Tummy: (FAQ) Why do I still look pregnant?

Home Forum PREGNANCY DIARIES Your Post_Baby Tummy: (FAQ) Why do I still look pregnant?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Owolabivee @honeysweet Honeysweet 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

It takes time for your body, and eventually your tummy to fully recover from pregnancy. You’ve had your baby but you may look as if you’re still six months pregnant, with a tummy that’s squishier and rounder than you expected.
    The decrease in your tummy size may be slow, but it will be steady.

From the moment your baby is born, hormonal changes cause your tummy to decrease in size. It takes about four weeks for your womb (uterus) to contract to its pre-pregnancy size.

All the cells in your body that swelled during pregnancy will begin releasing their fluids in the form of urine, vaginal secretions, and sweat. And any extra fat you put on to nourish your baby will start to burn off, especially if you’re breast feeding and exercising. But it takes at least a few weeks to see noticeable results.

You can use the following method to regain your flat tummy:

– Lie on your back, with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor or bed.

– Place two fingers widthways (fingertips pointing down onto your tummy) just below or above your belly button

Thanks for sharing this, I really need this my tummy is still big after almost 1and half year after my baby

Thanks for sharing this

Noted

Thanks for sharing

Thank you so much for sharing this. I gat to try out the exercise

Portion control works like magic. Thanks for sharing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to Log in